THE LATEST NEWS FROM FINGAL VOLUNTEER CENTRE
Newsletter October 2021
we hope you’re keeping well.
Here is our monthly newsletter filled with News, updates and a list of recent volunteer opportunities. Please scroll down to see their role descriptions and remember there are many more on I-VOL if the listed ones are not your cup of tea.
Latest news from Fingal Volunteer Centre:
- Green fingered volunteers wanted: upcoming town clean up in Swords on Sat the 13th of November. We’ll keep you posted, check your coming emails;
- Community Volunteers: our brand new project to support the local community (see below);
- Virtual Outreach Programme: a good way to have a chat with other volunteers and our Placement and Outreach officer. There is a Volunteer Coffee morning on Zoom this Friday, what about joining us?;
- Volunteer Testimonials: a great way to share your volunteer stories (see below);
- Volunteer Opportunities: the latest volunteer opportunities available on I-VOL. Please remember to check their location and time frame before applying (see below);
- Fingal Letter Campaign: a concrete support to tackle social isolation of elderly people in nursing homes (see below);
- Volunteer hours: let us discover if you’ve been volunteering or not, you can log in on your profile and register your hours on I-VOL (link below);
- Facebook likes: we’re very active on FB or at least we try to be…check our page and like us if you feel it!
TOWN CLEAN UP IN SWORDS
We’ll be out again! this time is Swords and it’ll be a town clean up together with Swords Tidy Towns.
On Sat 13th of November we’ll hit to roads and parks in Swords and support the local community with some litter picking and flowers planting.
Would you like to be part of our green-fingered group?
If you do please reply to this email and I’ll send you more info about it.
Fingal Volunteer Centre is proud to be actively taking part in the new project of Community Volunteers.
Community Volunteers is a program to support events and urgent needs in our local community and we’re looking for more people to join us.
Would you like to sign up?
The project will give people the opportunity to get involved in local events and festivals while also supporting more urgent needs that arise unexpectedly, like the community response to COVID-19.
As a volunteer you’ll receive an in depth training on volunteering at event and in emergency response and you’ll become part of a selected panel of Community Volunteers.
WE’D LOVE TO INVOLVE YOU, SO WHY NOT SIGN UP? To sign up plese click here: Community Volunteers
VIRTUAL OUTREACH PROGRAMME:
Would you like to virtually meet up with other volunteers? It might be a good chance to exchange your volunteering experiences and discover different roles.
If so, the Volunteer Coffee Morning might be for you!
It’s this Friday at 11am on Zoom:
If you’d prefer having a one to one chat with Chiara, our Placement and Outreach officer, the Virtual Drop in sessions might be what you’re looking for.
Here you can find the list of available dates: Virtual Drop in sessions
COVID-19 Related Volunteer Opportunities
Local Clean up Days
1) Local Park and Beach Clean with Baldoyle Tidy Towns: Monthly (Baldoyle)
2) Canal Clean-Up Volunteer (Castleknock) with Royal Canal Clean-Up Group – Fingal: Monthly (Castleknock)
3) Balbriggan Tidy Towns Volunteer with Balbriggan Tidy Towns: Weekly (Balbriggan)
4) Swords Tidy Towns Volunteer with Swords Tidy Towns: Weekly (Swords)
General Long term Volunteer Opportunities
4) Creative Arts Volunteer with Feile na bPaiste (From home)
6) Gardening Volunteer with Praxis Care (Dublin 15)
7) Project Support Worker with Loving and Affectionate Family (County Dublin)
9) Volunteer Visual Merchandiser- Skerries with NCBI Retail (Skerries)
10) Generation Change – Student Change Ambassador with SCOOP Foundation (Your university campus)
12) SEO Google Adwords Volunteer with Secret Street Tours (From home)
13) Community Cafe Volunteer Dish Washer with Crosscare (Dublin 1)
New roles are added to our database on a regular basis and you may also view them yourself on I-VOL before you receive our next newsletter.
We are working from home so to cover all applications and registrations. Our monthly Outreach programme in local libraries has been postponed until further notice.
Your safety and limiting the spread of the Coronavirus being the main priority, we continue to encourage you to adhere to HSE instructions on how best to avoid COVID-19, both in the work environment and at home.
We’ve partnered up with several nursing homes, both in county Dublin and county Fingal, for our Fingal Letter Campaign.
The idea is to recruit as many volunteeers as possible willing to post letters, drawings, poems or whatever you can think of, to the residents of the nursing homes.
Would you like to take part in this project?
You might even decide to involve your small ones and ask them to be creative and prepare a drawing or something!
Great news: there won’t be any need to add a stamp on your letters since An Post agreed in sending them for free if addressed to nursing homes!
To read more and take part please click here:
Please let us know if you’ve been volunteering during this Covid-19 crisis and how was your experience. We’d love to learn more about your involvement and, maybe, collect your feedback and stories.
If you’ve been volunteering please click here to access your volunteer profile and register your volunteering hours and stories:
I know, not so many people use Facebook nowadays but we do. And we find it brilliant to share news, new volunteer opportunities, promote events and share videos/pictures.
If you’re still an ‘aficionados’ and like to browse Facebook and receive our updates, why don’t you give us a Like?!
We’d love to count you among our many…FB friends!
Click here to give us a Thumb up:
FINGAL COMMUNITY RESPONSE
Need a grocery order collected or prescription picked up? Feeling vulnerable & isolated? Or just want to talk.
The Fingal Community Response are here to help.
Call any day 8am to 8pm
Freephone 1-800-459 059
Phone: 01-890 5000