Fingal Volunteer Centre is an independent organisation, which is part of a volunteer network that consists of 22 Volunteer Centres and 7 Volunteer information services. Fingal Volunteer Centre is an affiliate of Volunteer Ireland. We offer the following services:
- A Free Volunteer Placement Service – we offer a free volunteer placement service to organisations.
- A database of opportunities for volunteers to view volunteer opportunities in their locality.
- Email and telephone support with our staff on the how, why and where of volunteering.
- Support, advice and information on Policy Issues to volunteer involving organisations.
- Training on involving volunteers.
- Help with developing new projects involving volunteers.
- Advice and information around best practice issues when involving volunteers
- Garda Vetting Service for organisations who do not have access to their own Authorised Signatory.
- Event Volunteers project, see https://www.eventvolunteers.ie/ for more details.
Launched in 2001, this countywide service had two volunteer centres, one in Swords and one in Blanchardstown. It was initially funded under the Department of the Environment Centenary Awards Scheme and received matched funding from Fingal County Council, with whom executive control rested. Each centre has its own advisory group drawn from the local voluntary […]
A vibrant Irish society where every person feels connected to their community… We are passionate about volunteering and we believe that Fingal County is a great place to volunteer. If you are interested in volunteering please register on our website. I-VOL the national database for volunteering opportuities and listings enables you to search and apply for […]
Relevant geographical and socio-economic factors in Fingal The Population of Fingal was 273,051 at the last Census (2011), a 13.8% increase compared with a national average of 9% Fingal is home to nearly 6% of the country’s population, Fingal is now the third-largest county by population in Ireland (After Dublin City and Cork County. The […]