During the recruitment process, some organisations ask volunteers for references. There are many types of questions to ask, depending on the role of the volunteer and the mission of your organisation. The following is just one example of the types of questions that you could include.
– How long and in what capacity have you worked with the volunteer?
– What is your current relationship?
– Can you picture him/her working with our client group?
– Can you describe how he/she works as a member of a team?
– What strengths do you believe he/she has for this role?
– Would you feel comfortable having this person working one-to-one with your child/elderly parent?