Here is our monthly newsletter filled with News, updates and a list of recent volunteer opportunities. Please scroll down to see their role descriptions and remember there are many more on I-VOL if the listed ones are not your cup of tea.Latest news from Fingal Volunteer Centre:
- Fingal Volunteer Expo: on Sat 15th April 2023 in Baldoyle (see below);
- Virtual Outreach Programme: What about a Zoom or in person chat about volunteering with Megan? (see below);
- Community Volunteers: our project to support the local community at events and emergency response (see below);
- Volunteer Opportunities: the latest volunteer opportunities available on I-VOL. Please remember to check their location and time frame before applying (see below);
Fingal Volunteer ExpoYou’re all invited and welcome to come in for a chat about volunteering. And bring your friends/family too!
There will be many Dublin 13 organisations participating and you can talk directly with them about their active volunteer roles.
Would you like to attend it?
Event: Fingal Volunteer Expo
Date: Saturday 15th April 2023
Time: 4pm- 6:30pm
Venue: Baldoyle Community Hall (Dublin 13)
BOOK YOUR FREE TICKET HERE! (or just pop in!)
Public transport to venue: Buses H2, H1 and Dart to Sutton/ Bayside/ Clongriffin.
Outreach ProgrammeIf you’d like to have a one to one chat with Megan, the Outreach Programme is what you’re looking for.
To book a Zoom/Phone call or in person meeting in your local library with Megan please email her at firstname.lastname@example.org to agree on a day/time (or reply to this email).
Please find below the available appointments days:
11.00 am -4.30 pm
2:00 pm – 4:30 pm
10.00 am -1.00 pm
If you’d like to book a session please email Megan at email@example.com or reply to this email.
Community VolunteersFingal Volunteer Centre is proud to be actively taking part in the project of Community Volunteers.
Community Volunteers is a program to support events and urgent needs in our local community and we’re looking for more people to join us.
Would you like to sign up?
The project will give people the opportunity to get involved in local events and festivals while also supporting more urgent needs that arise unexpectedly, like the community response to COVID-19.
As a volunteer you’ll receive an in depth training on volunteering at event and in emergency response and you’ll become part of a selected panel of Community Volunteers.
We’d love to involve you, so why not sign up?
To sign up please click here: Community Volunteers
Environmental Opportunities on I-VOL
3) Tidy Towns Volunteer with Blanchardstown Tidy Towns(Dublin 15)
4) Portmarnock Tidy Towns volunteer with Portmarnock Tidy Towns (Portmarnock)
6) Canal Clean-Up Volunteer with Royal Canal Clean-Up Group – Fingal (Castleknock)
7) Local Park and Beach Clean up with Baldoyle Tidy Towns (Baldoyle)
Volunteer Opportunities on I-VOL1) Board Member/Director with Mulhuddart Community Centre (Dublin 15)
3) Pathways Volunteer with Howth Pathways (Howth)
4) Stewarding at a Fleadh in Balbriggan with Dublin Comhaltas (Balbriggan)5) Retail Team Member with Oxfam (Malahide)
6) Website Manager with The Hygiene Bank (From home)
7) Volunteer First Aid Responder with Order of Malta | Marino Unit (Fairview, Dublin 3)9) Befriender Volunteer with St Michael’s House Ballymun (Clarehall Dublin 13)
10) Swimming Support Volunteer with St Michael’s House Ballymun (Dublin 17)