THE LATEST NEWS FROM FINGAL VOLUNTEER CENTRE
Newsletter January 2020
Here is our monthly newsletter filled with News, updates and a list of recent volunteer opportunities. Please scroll down to see their role descriptions and remember there are many more on I-VOL if the listed ones are not your cup of tea.
Latest news from Fingal Volunteer Centre:
- Outreach programme: If you’re interested in meeting personally one member of our team please come over to our Open Drop-in Sessions or arrange for an appointment (see below);
- The Fingal Volunteer Centre has a new website, check the link below;
- Quarterly Volunteer Raffle: there’ll be a raffle every 3 months open to all active volunteers. You can enter the raffle logging your actual volunteer hours online or letting us know you volunteered (see below). Ah, the prize? a 25€ Dunnes Voucher! The next deadline: the 31st of March 2020.
- Volunteer raffle winner for December 2019
- Volunteer Opportunities: the latest volunteer opportunities available on I-VOL. Please remember to check their location and time frame before applying.
Our VISION is for a vibrant Irish society where every person feels connected to their community through active participation in voluntary activities.
Our MISSION is to promote the value of volunteering and increase the range and quality of volunteering in Ireland.
You can come and meet a member of our team to discuss your volunteering options in one of the Fingal Libraries.
Open Drop-in Sessions:
Balbriggan: Tues 28th Jan, 3.30pm-5pm
Blanchardstown: Weds 29th Jan, 3.30pm-5pm
Swords: Thurs 30th Jan, 3.30pm-5pm
For Appointments please telephone 01 8991921 or email email@example.com
Appointments must be made or cancelled at least 24 hours in advance.
The Fingal Volunteer Centre has a brand new website with more articles, news and pictures for you. Here is the direct link or click on the Swirl above to check it out: https://volunteerfingal.ie/
QUARTERLY VOLUNTEER RAFFLE
At the end of every quarter (31st March, 30th June, 30th September and 31st December) there’ll be a raffle here in Fingal Volunteer Centre. To get your raffle ticket (or better to get your name in the raffle box…) you simply need to record your effective volunteer hours in 2020.
There are various ways to record your hours:
- reply to this email and let me know who you volunteered with and in which role;
- reply to our emails when we ask you if you got started in volunteering or not;
- log into your own Volunteer Profile and record your hours there (See on the right);
- give us a call and share your volunteering experience with us;
If your name is selected you’ll be then contacted by myself or a colleague of mine to confirm your address (we post the voucher directly to your place).
Trying to be fair towards everybody, each given volunteer can win the raffle only once per year.
Sharing your volunteer hours allow us to keep up to date records and data on volunteering in our wide, friendly and altruistic region.
Next Deadline is 31st March 2020.
Have you been volunteering?
In 2019 Fingal Volunteers contributed with more than 18.000 volunteer hours!!
That’s a lot and it’s all because of you and your proactiveness in volunteering. Well done to all 2019 volunteers!!
To support you as best as we can It’d pivotal for us to know if you got placed with the organisations you applied to on I-VOL or what.
Having said so, if you register your volunteer hours you’ll automatically enter the Quarterly Volunteer Raffle (See on the left)
Wait no more…and record your hours:
VOLUNTEER RAFFLE WINNER:
Big congratulations to Faizah for volunteering as Befriender with BCIL (Blanchardstown Centre for Independent Living)! She is the Volunteer raffle Winner for the last quarter in 2019. Thank you for all your volunteering, you really made a difference!
COMPUTERS, TECHNOLOGY AND THE INTERNET
EVENTS AND STEWARDING
PRACTICAL/ DIY/ FARMING
RESEARCH/ POLICY WORK
SHORT TERM/ SEASONAL/ ONCE OFF
SPECIALIST/ TECHNICAL SUPPORT
SUPPORT AND KEY WORKING
TEACHING/ TUTORING/ SUPPORTING LEARNING