THE LATEST NEWS FROM FINGAL VOLUNTEER CENTRE
we hope you’re keeping well.
Here is our monthly newsletter filled with News, updates and a list of recent volunteer opportunities. Please scroll down to see their role descriptions and remember there are many more on I-VOL if the listed ones are not your cup of tea.
Latest news from Fingal Volunteer Centre:
- Fingal Virtual Volunteer expo: book your ticket for this year Fingal Virtual Volunteer Expo on 12th May ( see below);
- Volunteers needed to engage with displaced people: could this be you? (see below);
- Climate Action Challenge: a new initiative with Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Volunteer Centre (see below);
- Virtual Outreach Programme: What about a Zoom chat about volunteering with Megan? (see below);
- Community Volunteers: our project to support the local community at events and emergency response (see below);
- Volunteer Opportunities: the latest volunteer opportunities available on I_VOL.. Please remember to check their location and time frame before applying (see below);
This year Fingal Virtual Volunteer is on Thurs 12th of May, 6-7 pm.
Would you like to attend it?
It’s an online event you can easily attend from the comfort of your home and it’ll see different organisations introducing their work and volunteer projects.
To take part, please book your free tickets below and you’ll receive more info by email with the Zoom link.
The organisations confirmed so far are:
Balbriggan Tidy Towns: Find out more about the organisation here
Mountview Tidy Towns: Find out more about the organisation here
Portmarnock Integrated Arch Club: Find out more about the organisation here
Fingal Community Volunteers: Find out more about the programme here
Book your free ticket here!
Event: Fingal Virtual Volunteer Expo
Date: Thursday 12th May 2022
Time: 6pm- 7pm
Venue: online on Zoom
BOOK YOUR FREE TICKET HERE!
ENGAGING WITH DISPLACED PEOPLE: Volunteer roles
We have a goal that is to create a team of trained volunteers ready to act in emergency scenarios. This is an emergency and we’re all called to do our part.
We’ll try to support displaced people coming form Ukraine to our beautiful county and we’d love to involve you in this project.
Signing up for one of the advertised roles will add you to our list and you might then be contacted when need arises in your area.
At the moment we are recruiting for: Volunteer Translators (Different languages), Community Welcome Ambassadors and Volunteer Befrienders.
For role descriptions and to register your interest please click here.
CLIMATE ACTION CHALLENGE
General Long term Volunteer Opportunities
1) Volunteer Translator (Different languages) with Fingal Volunteer Centre (county Fingal)
2) Community Welcome Ambassador with Fingal Volunteer Centre (county Fingal)
3) Volunteer Befriender with Fingal Volunteer Centre (county Fingal)
4) Special Olympics Collection Day Volunteer with Special Olympics Ireland (Eastern Region) (Around the county)
5) Admin Support with CASA Caring and Sharing Association (Malahide)
6) WordPress developers with OCD Ireland (From home)
10) Social Media Manager with The View Magazine (From home)
12) Administrator with Fingal Integration Forum (Online)
14) Care assistant volunteer with Portmarnock Integrated Arch Club (Dublin 15)
Local Clean up Days
1) Litter picker volunteer with Malahide Tidy Towns (Malahide)
2) Canal Clean-Up Volunteer with Royal Canal Clean-Up Group (Castleknock)
3) Local Park and Beach Clean up with Baldoyle Tidy Towns (Baldoyle)
4) Tidy Towns Volunteer with Balbriggan Tidy Towns Association (Balbriggan)
5) Tidy Towns Volunteer with Swords Tidy Towns (Swords)
Please bear in mind that we’re constantly working with not profit and charity organisations and there will be more roles on I-VOL in the coming weeks
Our VISION is for a vibrant Irish society where every person feels connected to their community through active participation in voluntary activities.
Our MISSION is to promote the value of volunteering and and increase the range and quality of volunteering in Ireland.