National Volunteer Week 2021
Small Actions, Big Impact
National Volunteering Week is returning to it’s rightful home in the third week of May for 2021 and it’s going to be bigger and better than ever! This year, NVW will focus on how people can volunteer in small, practical ways. There will also be a focus on supporting organisations to think about how they can engage volunteers in new ways as we continue to live through very different times.
Along with the network of Volunteer Centres across the country, we’re continuing to develop exciting plans for National Volunteering Week. Keep an eye on this page over the coming weeks for launch dates, event announcements and resources to help you plan your own NVW 2021. In the meantime, a few things you can expect include:
- Events across the week for volunteers and organisations;
- Examples and ideas of small, practical ways people can volunteer and make a difference;
- Stories and stats across social media showing the impact of volunteering on our communities;
- A new toolkit to help organisations develop short, episodic roles for volunteers; and
- Some very exciting news about the opening of 7 new Volunteer Centres!
Now is the perfect time to think about your own plans for National Volunteering Week? Could you volunteer from home? Could you run a virtual event for volunteers? Maybe you could plan some social media posts sharing volunteer stories? There are lots of resources and ideas to get you started here.
Don’t forget to check out our video on the difference that volunteers make: